Drew:
From memory, the forend latch was a Deeley & Edge type. Was it Remington that had the Deeley & Edge authorization in the mid to late 1870s??? My guess the guide to the grades would be to define the action type and go from there, more than likely being under the Schoverling & Daly banner(remember both worked for Böker and me thinks there's an interesting story there that either developed or aided in their sourcing modell) or shortly thereafter.

Side Snap Action $100 - $110

Top Snap Action, Double Bolt $130 - $175

Pistol Grip Stocks(extra) $ 10

Extra Close and Hard Shooting guaranteed for 12.00 extra

1874 Advert

If it wasn't acquired directly from S,D&G, a wild brace of guesses would be that the outlets were either Henry C. Squires of 178 Broadway, New York or Sears, Roebuck & Co. Interesting that in the mid 1890 Sears was peddling the Dalys and notes the offerings being "Improved 1894 Model". I do not see any Daly offerings in the 1900 version.

The Charles Daly Nr. 250-Diamond(Sears - No. 818) retailed at $250 U.S. of A. but Sears listed it as $189.50

Charles Daly Nr. 150(Sears No. 819) listed at $129

Charles Daly Nr. 120-Featherweight(Sears No. 821) listed at $102.64.

As a sidenote, I stumbled across a fella Memphis, Tn., who retailed Charles Daly variants & I wonder if he relieved or added choke:

Frank Schuman of 412 Main Street, Memphis immigrated from Germany in 1856 and was noted as having knowledge of "choke, boring of guns". He peddled a Schuman breech loader as well as Charles Daly.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse