On opening levers, I like where you are w/your prototype & the simple stud. However, I can say for a fact that I have friends shooting both Alfermans and Ljutics (sp? for both) and another that presently slips my mind [Cole?] that all utilize the 'stud' action opener and that works fine .... until you get old or develop stiff joints in your fingers and hands and the pain associated with it. I have one friend who tapes his fingers together to be able to operate the opening stud on his Alferman as he can no longer do it like he used to w/his index finger alone. in all these cases, I'm speaking of a LOT of clay target shooting.

If I am reading what you have written & depicted correctly, you are speaking of being able to enclose the hammers rather than take them or make them external. Rather, you are speaking of providing a cover incorporated in the action's design or a separate one or a pair of them. I don't know that I'd personally be that concerned in a target environment, but afield for some uses, conditions tend to be harsh and anything from seeds to chaff to freezing rain and sleet and ice & snow are all very possible when hunting waterfowl or rough shooting pheasant or quails.

I very much like what you are proposing and find your reasoning & thoughts wonderfully sound. If you get to the point of building several for sale, please send me a PM, I may like to get on the queue. I'd hope that you can go forward with it in the form your have shown. Refinements or tweaks can come later.