Mike, Just wanted to let you know that I tried your method of bore sighting and it worked well. The screw and steel plate worked very nicely and I used rubber surgical tubing to keep the scope in place. Really very simple although at this point I have only boresighted at 25 yds. I will have to find a location where I can boresight to 100 yds. Seems like I read somewhere that a rifle boresighted at 25 yds should come out about the same at 100 yds but I may be remembering this incorrectly. I also tried using a conventional boresighter and it came out the same as using the above method which surprised me. On a driling the bore is so much lower than the scope that it seems like a conventional boresighter would not work but they both came out about the same? From the measurements it looks like I will have to mill off about .043" from the bottom of the rear scope ring to get the scope where it needs to be. I also may have to take a little bit off the rear of the front feet as moving the scope down enough in the rear to boresight it makes the front ring pretty much bottom out on the base. I hesitate to take any off the bottom of the front ring bases where they contact the dovetail base plate but if I don't I believe the scope will be under slight tension when it is clicked into the rear base.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Ron