It was listed in Gunbroker as a Louise Christople Double Rifle 10.75x52R in their SxS shotgun section. I found it when I was looking for things with 10.75 in the description. The shop updated the listing to Christophe after I spoke to them the first time, but did not fix the "Louise" in the listing

When I contacted the lister he could not answer anything but the most basic question as he had no real knowledge of the DR's much less this one. He could not tell me if the ejectors worked (it turned out to be an extractor gun) or if it had been fired by the previous owner. They had not done a chamber cast and while I explained it to him he was obviously lost; so much for a Gun Shop. The price was good so I gambled and got it for less than $3k with shipping.

I had hoped it was a 10.75x52R Springer like the one I already owned, but it turns out to be a 10.75x52R Grundig. I guess the German style stock was a tip in hindsight.

It has significant carry wear. Mechanically everything works as it should. The bores are excellent and I slugged them as .423 at the muzzle and .424 from the chamber. I have done a chamber cast and it matches up with a 10.75x52R Grundig cartridge I have on hand (I have piled up a number of 10.75 cartridges) The scope mount looks offline in the pictures but is good. The trap door buttplate is not original as the cartridge holes are not fully cut out. After I have shot it and confirmed it fires well, I will likely add a buttpad as it is a little short for me. The triggers feel good and are crisp leaving good impressions on some walnut. The action is tight. The original horn trigger guard is broken and will need replacement. All the screws are unfortunately buggered up. The barrel solder at the muzzle is sloppy (someone may have messed with the regulation) (I will include a picture later)

Weight 6lbs7oz
LOP- 13.75in
Barrel 24.5. The barrels have been reblued at least once before

Proofmarks do not show a date stamp or barrel weight as I have seen on other L Christophe guns so I am unsure of date of make. I think this maybe because it was made for export but I really don't know (I will try adding a proofmark picture later)

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS