Originally Posted By: apachecadillac
But I'm not sure that the B&E offerings, at their price points, are 'economy' guns by any measure except comparison to a very rarified peer group. As I indicated, I personally have a little trouble calling B&E price range 'economy' anything.

And I would concur - B&E are not marketing themselves as economy guns in any way shape or form. Guns with a starting price point of c12k don't qualify as "economy" and are a serious outlay - which Boxall and Edmiston recognise and tailor their offer accordingly to ensure the customer gets a suitably personal/bespoke experience.

There are some superb guns in the UK market which fit this moniker a lot better (Beretta Silver Pigeon, Guerini guns, Brownings etc) - but they are fully machine made, not bespoke, and you pay for what you get - usually around the 1.5-2k point. I would equally agree this can buy a very nice 2nd hand boxlock.

As Diggory points out, time will tell. There currently does appear a demand (in the UK) for these guns at this price point, but as costs creep up and influence pricing, things could change. Notwithstanding, there does seem to be a space in the market for a high quality, bespoke gun of real quality and with considerable craftsmanship included in the process. This is not simply Longthorne or B&E - but also includes Perazzis, Churchills, William Evans etc.