Originally Posted By: Fletchedpair

CBL1 - I did not mean any disrespect in your choice of gun and purchase, I think it will be a really nice addition to your collection.

No disrespect taken at all - this is a measured debate but one which merits a number of inputs. I am delighted with my choice and the thought process behind it - but the proof will be in the shooting this season. I also echo Salopians comments on this being a learning experience. I knew when I placed my order that could be bumps along the road and when I originally test fired the gun, we did have early challenges. The gun at the Game Fair was also far from the final article - it had not been close to going to finishing. But happy to date, and I await collection soon (app 12-13 mths from order). And if I am not happy, I have the confidence in Peter and team that things can be fixed.

With respect to "bespoke", the following are indications of where I believe B&E are going over and above what some of the other comparable manufacturers are offering - for the price;

- selection of ribless barrels (try asking for that from a number of greater volume manufacturers and it is much more challenging)
- selection of Anson push-rod when Deeley catch was originally only option offered. This took an extra two months of manufacturing to perfect.
- barrel length whatever I wanted - I went for 32", but could have gone up or down, and anything in between.
- I could also have chosen the stock without chequering should I have wished; it looks stunning, but try shooting it in wet weather!
- A host of smaller, primarily cosmetic items, but still to my requirements - trigger type (single/double), trigger width, safety catch style, stock grip cap, stock shield/eschutcheon, bright or dark action.

If I had wanted, I could also have left the barrels in the white (i.e. not blacked) or had them browned.

Perazzi and others all offer bespoke options (which are indeed superb), but if you want an SCO with bespoke wood and engraving, then be prepared to pay a significantly higher amount than B&E are charging. I know because I looked into it, notably with an HPX high-pheasant gun. Personalised engraving is often stunning, but my pocket can't stretch to hand-engraving which would have added 5-10k to this gun (and therefore making it unattainable/unrealistic).