Fletchedpair,
Interesting comments, perhaps you could explain in greater detail what irritated you and on which models?
I was particularly intrigued by your comments as I know that B&E are made utilising modern machining practices instigated by the former Engineering and machine shop manager of Holland & Holland, a designer and engineer instrumental in the manufacture and production techniques used in the McLaren MP4-12C Supercar, barrels made by a former Purdey man, stocking by a former H&H stocker, checkering by probably THE finest, and finishing by a Gunmaker who is in his own right one of the finest. I cannot believe that they all had a bad day to produce guns that caused you to be so critical? In deed constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.
I notice that you are a stocker by trade, perhaps we could see some examples of quality that meets with your approval.
Let us clarify one thing B&E may use modern machining techniques as indeed do Purdey , H&H, Boss, Perazzi, Piotti, but it is still down to hand skills to assemble and finish the final product.