You are falling in love with a broken gun. This is a bussiness transaction not a marriage. Unless this is a one of a kind think about returning it to the seller. Not your fault it got here broken. It was his fault or in this case his shipping dealer. Let them fight it out not you. Get you money back and go on.

Many here would fix the stock. The gun is worth fixing and I would do it if I broke it in normal use. For instance if while hunting I fell and the stock broke then I would have no problem fixing the stock. But if you fix this stock and two years from now it breaks again you will either be out the price of a restock or have to pay twice for the same repair. Then you will worry every time you use the gun that it may break again. Advoid the hassles and worry send it back. Unless the seller is a real jerk he will give you back your money. Most sellers are fair and honest people to deal with. Until proven otherwise I give them the benefit of doubt. You are on firm ground do not muddy it by fixing what is not your problem.