[quote=Shotgunlover]"Brittany Man, let us see a specific example, a Bretta 626 with a badly bulged barrel. It was deribbed, the Monobloc was gently heated and the barrel knocked out."

Shotgun lover. In your reference to a set of monobloc bbs sourced in Italy for 1000 Pounds would these be comparable in quality to the Beretta 626 example you referred to above or to the quality of sleeved bbls Dig referred to @ 3000 pounds Sterling? By "quality" I mean materials, workmanship & aesthetics.

No one here questions the advantages of using monobloc bbls in mass produced guns but I think most doubt the desirability of using monobloc bbls in high quality guns. The fact that no manufacturer of high quality guns(even Beretta) that I am aware of currently uses the monobloc system on their top line guns is telling. I think monobloc construction would have a better chance of finding acceptance at the top end if more attention was paid to eliminating the join line at the junction of the monobloc & bbls as is done with high quality sleeving but I'm sure this increases production costs.

If you care nothing for aesthetics & value "repairability" & low cost of manufacturing over all else you should adopt the system that Savage Arms uses on the 110 rifles (bbl threaded into the action & a threaded sleeve around the bbl to adjust headspace & lock the bbl in place"). It looks like hell but works very well & you can replace bbls easily & cheaply