Yes, they are still assembling and selling RBLs. They have simply added the word "Reserve" to the name, added a lifetime warranty and raised the price about $700 (on the 20 ga, anyway). It makes the one I picked up last year for $2750 w/Grade III wood look like and absolute steal!

Here are some for sale:

http://www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/65.htm

What I posted above was not intended as a complaint against CSMC, merely a "heads-up" to others of my positive and negative "surprises". I was surprised it was not even in a gun-box of some kind.

And no, CSMC did not advertise the Inverness to come with a case, snap-caps or anything else. Since the guns I bought from CSMC previously (2 RBLs) did have them, though, I kind of assumed the Inverness would, too. My bad on that, but I was, none-the-less negatively surprised, as I mentioned.

Yes, the extra 2" of barrel length probably added 2-4 oz; the quality of the wood could very well have added the other few oz. And the Lord knows CSMC certainly wouldn't be the first gun company to "fudge" gun weights. If they're off by a few ounces, well that's actually pretty good in the grand scheme of things. Again, I'm just telling my friends here how it is. It is 6 3/4 lbs.

And as I also said above, nothing about it bothers me enough to consider sending it back.

Thanks for the feedback!

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society