I'm saying CC can't be photoreactive, but I am open to hear some chemistry to explain how it is reactive. Metals and metal oxides, far as I know, do not tend to photoreactivity. "Rusty" steel does not fade from loooong exposure to sunlight in my experience. The colors in CC are created by the thickness of the "stuff" layers. Thinner layers create yellows, middlin' layers make reds, and thick layers are blue to purple. Did I get that right? The actual light is reflected by the steel surface, but wave lengths other than the color we see are absorbed. Actual thinning of the "stuff" layer should, then, change the color, not fade it. Fading would, in my estimation, happen as the various areas wholesale loose their layers. So an area missing half of its "stuff" layer would be less bright than one with 100% coverage. Note how thinning bluing becomes less "bright" compared to fresh, 100% blue. This logic says that you don't wear off some of the outside of the layer, but loose the "chips" in a chip by chip fashion.

I'm not interested in proving this issue one way or the other, only in finding the truth. Looking forward to debate points to the above.

DDA