cm: your posts are starting to get some what confrontational. however, I am trying to keep my responses civil...in an earlier post, I listed three firms that do re case hardening in order to achieve factory like case colors...in my opinion, these three firms have established themselves as experts in the field. whats more, the cost of their work is often recoverable come resale time, but not always. if you have work done to a gun, you should keep the receipt as proof of who did the work. otherwise, it is just another redone gun and worth typically less than if you have proof of who did the work.

as to your parker example, much would depend on the grade and gauge of the gun and what else needed to be done to it in order for any enhancements to make economic sense. wish it was simple, but it is not, particularly in this continuing stagnant economy of ours. buyers and sellers for profit, have to be very diligent and should guard against rapidly changing markets.

although I have little knowledge of refinishing processes, I have lots of experience trying to recover consigner investments in poorly done refinish work. even the cost of well done refinish work is sometimes difficult to recover, particularly if an item was not worthy of the expense to begin with or the work is undocumented. the best rule of thumb I can give you is this: if it is likely that the cost of enhancement will increase the value of the item enough to make a profit, then consider it. if not, or you are not sure, then don't do it. the expense of recase hardening is rarely recoverable. and the risks to damaging the receiver are considerable, regardless of who does the work...this may be why the experts charge so much?

keep it simple and keep it safe...