Well Sirs, here is the skinny.

Serial # 48081
Inside right bore : .671 and .669 choke constriction
Inside left bore : .670 and .668 choke constriction
Chambers: 2 1/2"
6 lbs 8 oz.
14 1/8 l.o.p.
The shotgun is very tight, forend on and off. Lever to the right.
The gap at the end of the cut barrels measured 1/16" between bbls.
--I fired it on brand new snap caps. The firing pins barely made an indention on the brass center of the snap caps.
--The right side cocking indicator did not recess flush with the sideplate when fired. I did this 3x to check.
--The wood was re-finished. The original grip cap is now proud of the grip, and the trigger guard is excessively proud under the grip.
--It did have the original LACo buttplate.
--The chip in the wood was on the right side above the right sideplate, next to the receiver, about 1/2" gone.

I did not take the S&W. I decided to just pay cash. I asked the guy if I could make an offer. I offered $500 and he almost laughed. I pointed out the dents needing removal, and possibly the point of impact being messed up b/c of cut bbls. His reply was 'Well it's an over 100yr old gun.' I said true, but there are 100+ yr old guns out there that have been cared for, and are still in very good condition. He then told me in order to move it he might put iton GunBroker. I said are you going to start out a $1 like a true auction should? He said it would be listed with a reserve. I bid him good luck and good day. If you see LeFever G grade 16ga serial 48081 on gunbroker, this will be the gun. If anyone wants the contact number and info. let me know. I think I will pass on this one, even though I like LeFever's and it's a 16 gauge.

Last edited by RedofTx; 05/01/13 03:09 PM. Reason: spellin again