(host, plz move as necessary!) For the Love of Ithaca Guns!! Well, these ARE double guns and do lay side by side. Sorry to hurt anyone's eyes but it begets a question I have re shortened barrels in 12g for kids hunting. Turn your eyes away as needed...
Q. What are some of the shortest 12g doublegun barrels out there suitable for hunt guns for kids? Note that I'm 6'3" and still find a 28" barrel "long." Has anyone cut down inexpensive SxS/OU in any gauge for hunting applications for youngsters? I'm thinking lighter weight and easier swinging, easier carry? is it much greater blast?

My elementary kids still have several years before they get formally introduced to 'real firearms.'

(For those curious, as 1950's-era 12g Ithaca 37s, came in $$ cheap, one came with a 20+" cut barrel. Given the necessary handfitting charges for interrupted threads if i were to buy one new barrel, I had these finished off as such. So in the interest of my future ammo bearers, my question is does cutting barrels down to the minimum, w Polychokes, present a versatile "lighter" 12g for young ones to initiate them into hunting/skeet? The stocks were cut to a shorter LOP w cushpads put on. They balance 1" behind the front of the receiver line. Or maybe I'll just resell them as vintage home defense home-made units.