As I go forward it I will have a steep learning curve.

I have been a shotgun guy my whole life and have collected and read everything on shotgun ballistcs I could find. I feel complete comfort in messing around with reloading for shotguns and 16ga in particular.

I am an artilleryman so I understand gunnery and ballistics, but I have never done much fixed ammo reloading so this is new ground.

The last time I reloaded fixed ammo was over 15 years ago when a friend of mine who had all the presses, chronograph and knowledge did up 120 .300 savage rounds for my grandfather's rifle. I still have over 100 of those left as it is little shot.

I intend to go slowly into this. I need to confirm a baseline for dimensions and bullets. I need to determine the initial data for a baseline load and then play with it in terms of developing a load that shoots best from the gun.

I will likely next invest in a chronograph and a pressure sensor set-up. I have been craving the pressure sensor to help with shotgun reloading for a long time and it makes even more sense for this project. I will also need to figure out what ballistics software I need to buy in order to help with developing a load.

Once I have a good basic load then my next step is to play with the idea of developing Sabots and sabot loads for the gun, but that is a couple of years down the line. I am convinced Sabots might have a good application.

This project will allow me to dig into a whole new lane I have not been before

I will post some picture of the gun and the ammo that is coming with it at the end of the week.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS