Originally Posted By: Der Ami
To size .321" bullets to .318", I use a "ring sizing die",which I have had for many years.This type sizing die was(still may be)avaliable from bullet swaging die manufacturers,such as Corbin.The die body accepts replacable sizing "rings",avaliable in various sizes, and easy to make in whatever diameter you want.The die is threaded 7/8-14 to fit normal reloading presses, and comes with a punch that fits the "ram" to force the bullets through the die.It's easy enough to make a solid die for one diameter,threaded to fit the press.Now,LEE Precision makes a similar system for sizing cast bullets to be "tumble lubed", but can be used for jacketed bullets(limit sizing to .005" and use appropriate lube).I'm not sure what diameters the LEE dies are avaliable in.To size .003",takes so little force, it is possible the common Lyman or RCBS cast bullet sizing equipment could be used.I have never tried it, but would guess you would need a well fitting top punch and would need to lube the bullets with an appropriate lube before sizing.It shouldn't be necessary to empty the lube reservoir,just don't use it.
RWTF
Keep the ammo and brass. If you don't need it now, you may later, or maybe your great grandchildren will.
Mike
Thanks- I will. Few retailers stock the Rem 8mm Mauser (.323) Core-Lokt, Cabela's has it in the Master Catalog but you have to call customer service to get the ordering codes- but it seems to be around here priced about the same as the Rem Core-Lokt 180 in 30-06. I am looking forward to shooting it- will use up the 154 ball military stuff( looks like Greek ammo) and leave it 'as is"-- Did some research on the various Mauser websites- this is a 1944 (by serial number) Turkish Ankara M98- with the 29" barrel, and the earlier "Lange Visier" (long range) roller elevator rear sight just ahead of the receiver ring on the barrel- starting "zero" is aprox 400 meters- and these were accurate out to 800 plus meters- before CQC and the bloody trench warfare of WW1- troops would fire in volleys on command from an officer, against approaching mounted calvary troops- the concept of that form of warfare was to take out the enemies' horses at long range, and be reloaded in rank and file to finish off the oncoming foot troops (de-horsed I guess)--before they got too close. Those soldiers must have had eagle eyes, that front sight blade is like a mosquito's backbone-- but I am not going to 'sporterize' it at all- and at 9.35 lbs. unloaded and w/o the bayonet, then adding the bayonet to that plus the almost 50" OAL- indeed, a "pig-sticker" supreme---

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..