A quandry, indeed-do I take the 5lb, 13oz Darne 20, with 29 1/2" tubes, the 6lb Darne 12, with 26" tubes and sling (handy for hypoglycemic old dogs, too), or the 6lb 6oz, Tobin 16, at a nice even 28"? Decisions, decisions. Say, I've a 5lb and change Remington 17, too, and that King's Ferry Ithaca 16 with the alloy receiver can't weigh but 6 and a little bit, either, come to think of it. What does a first year model 12 20 gauge weigh? Can't be much over 6 and a quarter, even with the spiffy, new, non perch belly buttstock. Good heavens, I almost forgot about my snowshoe grouse gun, the Italian "Companion" 12 single, less than 6 by at least 1/2 pound, even with 30" tube.
The way you guys talk, almost leads me to believe I was supposed to be buying heavy 12s all along. What did I miss? I do have a 'coupla down and dirty 12 pumps, that get used for trap league, by big kids at gunsafety class, or anywhere the words "steel shot" get used in reference to hunting birds. Nowhere else, though.
Like I said, almost. When do I get old fart status, by the way? Does 45 years of age count, or do I need a waist bigger than size 32? Still have a complete set of human, adult teeth, if that affects status. Keep me posted.
Best,
Ted