I don't! Nor do I take folks hunting for a fee. Depending on the call and my feeling about the caller, I have asked some if they wanted to join me.

If I do, I take them to the blocks. I am very leery about taking strangers on to private property I have access to, even though I could.

To date, those I have extended invitations to have been good fellows. One wanted to head for town and a bar rather early in the day, so I took him back to his rig so that he could do what he wanted by himself.

The majority of these guys are OK. They are just Joes trying to save their homes and keep their families together back where they come from. I have no doubt that the nation's unemployment is well into the mid to high teens from what I hear and see from these fellows.

However, like anywhere where there is money, the not so good have come here too. Pimps, whores, crack heads, drug pushers, thieves and such. They are predators and one has to be cautious.

I understand from one of our deputies that the Sheriff has issued over 900 concealed carry permits since the 1st of the year to townspeople.

We used to have only an occasional DUI or open container problem reported in the local paper. Now it is every thing from kidnap and rape to beatings, shootings and robberies. A week ago tomorrow two guys were beaten so badly in a bar fight that one died at the hospital.

But as I said, for the most part these are just folks trying to get around the economic problems back home.

Slipped across the road for an hour after lunch. That's an Edwin Cane, rather unusual gun........it has not missed a bird since i bought it four years ago. I only use her once or twice a year, but still, very unusual.

bc