I'm still not getting my questioned answered so maybe I'm not clear on what I'm asking. I am asking about differences in the rib extension 3rd fastener w/o a dollshead between a Webley made action & those so called trade actions made or used by Wrights, AA Brown & possibly other makers. From what I can see the rib extension/top lever type 3rd fastener as shown in the pictures of the gun Doverham purchased is functionally the same as the 3rd fastener used on a Webley made screw grip action (the top lever or the spindle itself cams down on the rib extension when closed) & we are told this is a AA Brown built gun not a Webley or Webley & Scott. I'm sometimes hearing "Webley Screw Grip" as a generic term for all actions using this type of 3rd fastener system & I want to know what is correct. In Don Masters book
"The House of Churchill" page 281 he is discussing Wright's early post war production & refers to Wright's 4E pigeon gun as built for Thomas Brand &Son having a "straight extension & Boss bite". Pictures of Wright 4EP bbls show the same type rib extension as on Doverham's gun & I've got exactly the same type of rib extension & 3rd bite on a Charles Boswell. I previously reported this gun as being proofed 3 1/4 Ton 1 1/4 oz under the 1954 rules but it is actually 2 3/4" 1 1/4 oz under the 1925 rules. Actual maker and date of mfg undetermined.

I realize Webley made guns have some other distinctive features but that is not what I'm talking about.