Finished up the Ugartechea I was working on. When I got it the poor old girl had been left to rust, and then painted with GunKote to hide the damage. To add insult to injury some mechanical genius had dropped what looked like an orphaned top lever spring in to replace a broken hammer spring.

I got all the problems sorted out, and got it functioning again, then did my best to repair the damage from neglect. Luckily the bores and internals were nice and shiny, no rust. I had to file the entire bottom plate smooth as the pits were as deep as the engraving. I also reshaped the safety as it kind of looked like someone had taken a rabbit turd and shaped it to resemble a golf ball and stuck it where the safety should be.

As I have yet to get tooled up to color case harden, and polishing the action was out due to the corrosion, I decided to brown the action. I like the contrast with the nitre blued bottom plate, and the rust blued barrels. I also did a leather covered pad for the first time ever. Covering the pad with leather went well, getting the pad cut down so that adding the leather would bring it flush with the stock was more difficult.

CHAZ