Well,

Here's the update for Labor day. Rained out. Until about 4:00 p.m., when it slowed to a drizzle and the doves started pouring in, and I mean POURING in! It was just as I thought it would be when we were all sitting under the shed watching the rain. There would be doves coming in from all points on the compass at one time, keeping your head twisting 'round and back like an owl watching a carousel.

I killed the first 5 or 6 that came by, using the 20 ga. 687 SP II and 7/8 oz. 7 1/2s. Would've used 8s, but didn't have any, wouldn'ta mattered. Had the 15 bird limit, and one collared dove, in probably no more than 20 minutes. Then the rains came back, with a vengeance. Birds would leave for awhile during the rain, and as soon as it let up a little they would just fall in again like there was no tomorrow. I can sit and watch doves feed for hours without getting bored, even if I can't shoot.

What a great shoot. Grandsons Jackson and Lane couldn't be with me, but I had a blast anyway. It was over so quick, and the rain so "intermittently constant" that I couldn't get any pictures. Sorry 'bout that. I promise to get more asap. Got to get back to work now for a few days so I can play with'em some more next Saturday.

All my best, Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.