I'm considering ALL of the great advice I'm getting here. Still do not have the gun in hand and Boss & Co is still getting up the history; when I inquired again they assured me I'd not been forgot and that information would be forthcoming.

Maybe the original buyer was the Maharajah who bought the Rolls Royce used in the movie Mike Baily sold his Harkum for. Maybe they'll make a sequel and desparately need my Boss.

One friend provided a nice thought; at least it will not become near the money pit that refurbishing an old boat would be. My 1962 Boston Whaler Montauk, presently at the repair shop, comes to mind. I like that thought, at least the Boss will not need a motor!

With the extra problems that will no doubt accrue to a damascus sleeving, I'm wavering toward a down guage sleeve, probably to 16, with steel tubes that can be browned to maybe match the chamber-block. The jury is still out on whether the old pinfire chambers will support a sleeve, but if they will steel tubes will make for an easier job...Geo

PS: Whatever else I do, if I do get it sleeved, I'll plan to shoot a limit of doves with it at least once every year!