We have had the distinct honor of having an Army Wounded Warrior come out and shoot at our club for the last two months. Captain Ryan Keogh was wounded in Afghanistan two years ago. During his year long stay at Brook Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston, TX, he took up Skeet as a new hobby. There was a gun club right out the gate and he was able to shoot during his rehab. Instead of feeling sorry for himself or giving up, he found a new sport that he could do as most of his previous hobbies were no longer an option.

After he left BAMC he came back to Fort Benning, GA and returned to his unit, the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Next week he goes back to BAMC for about 8 months for another round of surgeries and rehab.

We had him out at the club today and I enjoyed shooting a few rounds with him. Since he and I both are Wounded Warriors, we are going to put together a Wounded Warrior Skeet Shoot at our gun club later this year. The Soldiers will come from the Fort Benning Wounded Warrior Battalion. Ryan is going to come back during his rehab and speak to them about the opportunities that are still out there for Soldiers who can no longer do the things they used to love. Below is a couple pictures of Ryan and I shooting today.

By the way, we were both shooting doubles. He was shooting a 16ga Citori Lightning and I was shooting a Rizzini Vertex Sporting.

Ryan on Station 1

Ryan on Station 4

Me on Station 5

Ryan (on the right) and myself (on the left) after a round this afternoon