Many markets are down in almost every area. A 15% decrease in most markets would be a miracle recovery. Real Estate in my area is still down about 40%. Many stocks are still down and CD's are paying so little that you might as well go back to keeping money under your mattress. Timing markets once again has proved impossible. Guns are hobbies not investments so if you break even on your hobby you are doing great.

Do not leave things to chance. A simple listing of what you have and how best to sell them off will be worth its weight in gold. Only you know what you have and you might as well start planning for your end. We all go there in the end. If you do not want you wife to know now what you have you can seal the list and leave with your lawyer or in a safety deposit box that she is informed of after your death.

I have reduced my own gun collection by over 50% so far. That is over a hundred guns that my wife will not end up selling for ten cents on the dollar. I made money on them only because i owned them so long that the market price today is still more than what I paid years ago. That money will go to Wellesley this year to pay for another years college expenses. Wonder if they would give me a discount if they knew I was using gun money to pay their bill?