How about a stepped lock percussion example by Karl I. Werlik of Teschen(Cieszyn). Teschen is/was the German name for a city in the South of Poland on the Olza River and known there as Cieszyn. Karl I. Werlik of Teschen was born in 1813 and it took him a few years more than the typical 23-24 years to obtain his master's sheepskin as he passed the examination and paid for his party in 1841. Since 1848 he was a member of the Gun Club of Cieszyn(Teschen). He had a shop in the rear portion of his house at 147 Mincovní Street, which is now I think Mennicza Street in Cieszyn. He was an accomplished craftsman and attended exhibitions such as Vienna 1873, Paris in 1878 where was awarded a silver medal and one in his hometown of Cieszyn in 1880. He offerings typically have heavily adorned locks and wear vivid pattern welded tubes. He had 4 sons, 2 of which being Edward & Richard were very ambitious and actually expanded the business to the level of a small arms factory. He advertised the gambit of offerings from pistols to sporting weapons. He expired in 1889 and was a contemporary of Karl Spiegel.

Retractable firing pin variant of Charles Harvey 1793 of 1866 design.

Given as a 1910 offering sourced from Johann Sigott of Ferlach

Makes you wonder if he had a son named Charles.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse