Hi everyone,
found your forum while trying some research on 'Otto Bock' and decided that I have to join!

let me introduce myself:
Name is Gunter, retired, 30 years in England - not far from London; before that some years in the big apple and parts south of it; before that some years in Kenya (it helps if you work for airlines)
Hometown/country: Dusseldorf, Germany

Google directed me to the thread 'Info on Otto Bock Konige' from 2009

I bought a combination gun 'Otto Bock Berlin' some 18 months ago and got interested in finding out more about that 'gunmaker'
I contacted the 'Waffenmuseum Suhl' in Suhl, Germany - they confirmed that the action and barrels were made in Suhl but could give no further information as to which of the Suhl gunmakers actually made them.

My gun is an O/U (not a 'Drilling') 16b/7x57
and according to the date stamp 939 made in Sept. 1939!
So Otto Bock was still in existence at that date.

Unfortunately the 7x57 barrel was at some time drilled out and sleeved with a .22lr barrel cry
The shotgun barrel has a removable barrel insert ('Princess' Germany) in .222 Rem. which was fitted by a gunsmith and carries the gun's serial number.
So the gun can be used a a 16b/.22 or a .222/.22lr which in my book makes it a 'Fox Gun' and that is what I use it for.
Nevertheless, the gun was cheap enough and it still is a beautiful piece of gunsmithing.

I'll try to attach some photos here, but with my luck this might not work - we'll see
(doesn't work - pics are on my pc, not on a website......)

Best regards

Gunter
Life Member NRA (USA) since 1976