Originally Posted By: HammerGuy
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
If you intend to be taken seriously when it comes to constitutional rights, then you really should make an effort to stand alongside those other, unpopular people and acts protected by amendments other than the Second.

At the heart of it, you're absolutely right Dave...............etc.

So let me get this straight.......I should support Nazis, NAMBLA, and the plethora of other morally abhorrent groups the ACLU (for instance) seeks to protect or I should shut up? Tell you what, when Wikileaks moves to the US and does what they do responsibly I'll consider them to be protected by the 1st Amendment. That's right. They're a foreign organization. I'm a US citizen. Not a "citizen of the world". Wikileaks is a poor example, but Maine Democrats don't live in the real world where there are nation states and such.

Rights carry with them responsibilities. The responsibility is to exercise that right with the understanding that your rights end at the tip of my nose. i.e. when you doing your thing adversely effects me doing mine I get to take a shot at stopping you. Wikileaks is a non-US orangization whose actions endanger American lives. Wikileaks publishes documents for no other reason than they can. They accept zero responsibility for the results. Screw them and their anarchist BS, as well as their sex offender daddy. But hey, Dave, you stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone you want. Next you can tell us all about the heroic Occupiers of Lincoln Park.

In this case BofA has every right to refuse to do business with any company they choose. I have the right to stop doing business with BofA as a result. Mcmillan has the right to tell as many people as he wants. BofA can spend every dime they have taking down Wikileaks. Pretty easy to accept and not really something to get worked up about. In fact it's a good thing this came up. BofA will probably suffer in a big way if this is truly company policy, and other businesses will take note.

I know a couple folks who do major business with BofA and they "can't believe it". They are both looking into it through their channels to determine that it is in fact a policy rather than an agenda being pushed by a few people. They are prepared to pull out as am I. Too bad. My experience has been good with their customer service and the interest rate I have is very very nice. But you gotta take the bad with the good.