Or perhaps the American market is less impressed by big names and fancy lineages and more concerned with quality and value.

I'm a hunter, not a shooter. I only pursue wild game (really wild, never released). I value a gun that fits me (although I think fit is a bit over rated).

Because I need to be very smart with my money (I'm a working Joe), I need to make sure that I stretch my dollars as far as they'll go.

I can't afford to lose money on guns, and I don't want to be throwing cash down money pits (aka "restorations" and "projects"). Consequently, I'm acutely aware of what holds its value and what appreciates.

That why I insist on all original. I've watched the markets on both side of the pond long enough to know that nice, all original guns always bring the best money.

I've been tempted to restock/rebbl guns, but every time I do the numbers I realize it's smarter to wait for a gun with better dimensions and more original condition. They cost more up front and they're harder to find, but in the long run they're be worth more dough.

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 03/19/12 09:08 AM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com