Originally Posted By: King Brown
There's not a soul here who's for gun control or who doesn't recognize the need of vigilance to protect our interests. Inviolable or unalienable constitutional rights on paper bear no resemblance to practice here or there. Jim recognizes it above as we all do. Whatever Dave does with this dissolving phantasmagoria, my hope is that there's a cleanup of all the political partisanship and slogans, jingoism, imputing of motives and citizenship, and it's packed it off to another place on the board. I'm here to learn about doubles. I don't give a tinker's dam about someone's father or politician unless it relates to gun provenance or some activity in the shooting sports.

I agree completely canvasback. But when you read King's quote above, and then read the one you just reproduced or look at his own words on pg. 20, you get the full taste and texture of the hypocrisy that is running rampant here. We have guys... not just King, who express their total disdain for partisan politics in this forum. They make sanctimonious pitches to banish all such discussion here. Then they do exactly what they preach must never be done. Who do they think they are fooling? What are their real motives? In order to have a frank and honest debate, we must deal with frank and honest people. When one side states the ground-rules and then plays by a different set of standards, it becomes easy for the game to erupt into a brawl. That's what's causing most of the problems here. When and if we ever have a Republican or third party President who is a threat to our gun rights, I will be just as hard on him as I am on the current guy. It is sad that anti- gunners have so co-opted the Democrat Party and have a stranglehold on so many Democrat politicians. That might change if more Democrat gun-owners told them that was an unacceptable position, and had the convictions to prove it with their vote. My voter registration card reads "No Party Affiliation" for a reason. That little notation excludes me from voting in primary elections in my state. It is the price I have to pay for having no blind allegiance to any Party.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.