Originally Posted By: keith
King, on page 20 of this thread, you make the point that partisan politics has no place in this particular forum. Then you do exactly what you say should not be done. Canvasback steered the discussion back to twisted interpretations of a clear Second Amendment, and you steered the discussion to Guantanimo, the Patriot Act, and a Reagan parallel government for Iran and Contras. You want us to follow the rules to the letter, but it appears you (and several others)can march to a different drummer.

How do you expect Dave Weber to believe that non-doublegun topics are offensive to you if you (and several others) persist in returning to such topics yourself? Actions speak louder than words.

Keith, Jim, Gnomon et al, I may be naive but I firmly believe we can all debate these issues, in as great a detail as any may wish, without getting into partisan politics. I don't have to name any person or party affiliation to discuss, prove or disprove any idea that someone else has put forth (LOL, unless it is Chris Matthews talking about Obama).

I suspect that many on here would be more agreeable to this type of discussion if it was centered on ideas rather than party affiliation or personalities.

I know that each side can be backed into a corner about both beliefs and responsibility on any subject. I know here in Canada we need to get away from the simple labels, the name calling, the completely partisan outlook.

I also know it's hard to do. But it's valuable to get the debate back onto the idea, not the person or party. JMHO

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia