Hi folks, this was a real on the fence one for me. I really liked this gun however I needed to sell another to fund it's purchase (rather than keep hitting my families next egg). Out of shear fluke, or gods will, a chap that wanted a gun I had for sale at my gun dealer had just left having decided not to buy it. I chased after him once I had realised (having crossed paths in the shop) that I should make him see sense. Anyway, bargained in the car park and the chap bought it from me after I reduced my price. This allowed me to feel better about investing in the Purdey.

As you can see it needs a lot of work. It is however original steel barrels (early) with 28-31 tho in the barrels...so really good. However, it needs re-stocking and for me this is no small consideration. I've managed to secure a complete restock for an amazing price. I paid a good price for the wood, although I am still not sure whether the wood is good enough, I think the figure under that will be nice and I'll ask for it to be darkend a lot. So I've bitten the bullet. This is an heirloom for my son. I want this to stay in my family. I'm going to go the whole hog, re-picked and I'm going to ask Ray St Ledger to do his magic. I gear my CCH days are coming to close.

Here it is guys. If you are going to tell me I've made a horrible mistake please don't post smile. Because it was a close call for me. My projects are getting far and few between now but for some strange reason I wanted this. The stock on it was a replacement, no drops, just horrid. I know I'm nuts...just don't tell me smile

T