The Newton Mausers that were imported, probably in August of 1914, are, of course, very rare since only one shipment of 24 came in and two or three other planned shipments were never received due to the beginning of the War. Newton wrote this in a note and without searching my files, I am not sure where it appeared. Along with the help of a friend (a contributer to this site) I was able to find and identify one of these 1914 Newton Mausers. I won't go into the long story of researching the data to verify the rifle altho it was quite extensive and involved the opinions of several well known Newton authorities and other firearms researchers. As of now, I know of of three examples of these rifles, all with serial numbers within 8 numbers of each other. This one and another are consecutively numbered. Both share the same features and look much alike. Newton imported these rifles and had them rechambered to .256 Newton. Most of his early rifles offered in the first catalogs, Mausers and Sauers, were rechambered in his calibers if they were ordered from the Newton Arms Co. Inc. I would like to include some pictures of this rifle however I do not understand the process involved.