And here is a quote from another article in the same National Post newspaper referencing the other situation I described.

Quote:
Perhaps the most notorious example of police and Crown overzealousness in enforcing Canada’s existing gun laws is the case of Mike Hargreaves, a former Toronto-area gun-safety instructor and collector.

"Over the Christmas holidays in 2003, while Mr. Hargreaves was visiting his son in Florida, thieves worked to open the 770 kilogram concrete and steel safe he had had installed in his north Toronto apartment.

For nearly two days, burglars used sledgehammers and blowtorches to open the vault, before they could make off with 35 high-powered handguns and rifles worth more than $40,000.

Still, police decided the precautions Mr. Hargreaves had taken to protect his collection were inadequate. They obtained a warrant for his arrest on unsafe storage charges, which forced him to remain in Florida to avoid prosecution."

AFAIK he's still in Florida.

The antis have worked and will continue to work to create a climate where this type of behavior is deemed reasonable. Don't imagine they aren't trying to do the same south of the border. These are only the tip of the iceberg up here. There have been many more and there will be more to come until we get the current laws changed to line up with logic and property rights.

Much as I would prefer just to post and read about the guns we love, as a gun owner, interested in continuing to own guns and have my son own guns if he wants to, I feel we need to keep these issues front and center. Canadian guns owners were less than vigilant, like those in the UK and Australia, and look what happened.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia