Here in Canada, it has become clear that the objective of the gun licensing, registration and safe storage laws, along with the soft policies carried out by the organizations charged with enforcing those laws was to accomplish the following:

Stealthily ban specific guns over time to reduce the overall numbers in the public hands, while creating the least backlash from gun owners.

Make ownership a headache so owners would give up ownership.

Sway public opinion in every possible case by portraying all gun owners as a criminal who has just not yet committed the crime.

The point of all this was as a prelude to confiscation of all guns in private hands.

While we have made some progress as far as the repeal of the long gun registry goes, there is still much to be done.

For example, right now we have two cases before the courts that demonstrate the mindset of the antis.

The first is that of a rural homeowner, a firearms instructor, confronted by a firebomb attack on his home in the middle of the night and where the attack is videotaped by home security cameras. There is no argument about that. The homeowner responded by arming himself with his legally owned pistol and fired several shots in the air, scaring off his attackers.

The home owner was charged and has been brought to trial first for dangerous use of a firearm and when that proved un-winable he has been charged with unsafe storage, a criminal offense. The prosecution's evidence is that he was able to arm himself too quickly.

The trial has been held over several months after closing arguments because the judge felt the safe storage laws are so vague that all parties needed to study up on them. If that's the courts opinion of the clarity of the laws, how is the average citizen to figure it out.

The other case involves a gentleman who had his home safe broken into and emptied of firearms when he wasn't there. So he has been charged with unsafe storage. And I'm not talking about a locked cabinet, I'm talking about a serious safe.

My point being that vigilance is required. There is nothing the antis won't do or say, regardless how far from the truth, to effect their aim, the removal of firearms from all citizens.

It is no different in the USA.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia