Originally Posted By: King Brown
You're the arbiter, Dave. Managing is making decisions in the face of uncertainty. During the 10 years I've been here, involved in more than a few hot issues, I think if there's any fault on your part it's allowing things to go on too long. A few times, you may have pulled the trigger too soon.

That's a good record of itself. But there's more to it. Your job is to protect the integrity of a board of extraordinary value to members around the world. Nothing should be off limits about how we feel about doubles and the shooting sports environment. Set the standard too high, none will come. Ditto, too low.

I've worked among Americans for many years as an observer. Distinguishing marks of their character are their generosity and good manners. (Primaries are a different place entirely.) "Our" board should reflect that generous spirit of individuality, of tolerance of a wide range of opinions without rudeness, bitterness, spite.

I have no idea of who you are, Dave, of your day job or circumstances, experience in balancing openness and accountability with fairness across such a broad constituency of different cultures and values. I have long experience with similar responsibilities. I want you to know you're doing a good job.

Regards, King

+1

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein