The dates in the subject aren't that rigid and marks from before and after are most welcome. I'll be the 1st to admit that from the onset I really didn't have any intention of studying post WWII marks, but as time progresses the focus changes. Anyway, it appears that effort at the Suhl proof facility began again in either September or October 1945 and if the marks are indicative of the test administered, some form of Nitro powder was used till some time in 1946 when preliminary and final proof were administered/executed with black powder.

Albert Wilhelm Wolf

Then early 1947(I've seen one dated March 1947), maybe January 1947, there was a change in the proofmarks from an Eagle paired with the "M" material proof as well as the "N" semi-smokeless or "SP" black powder proof to a pairing with the Ore tub & pick axe within a Shield.

Sauer 354460 December 1946

April 1947 dated Simson

Also most of the Sauer examples have the model stamped on the bottom of the aft barrel lug. In 1945 & 1946 the model number is sometimes found stamped on the water table. In addition each tube either wears the touchmark of Sauer's script Gothic "S" or a large "D".

Then in Summer or 1949, or perhaps earlier in the year, the Nitro stamp resurfaces.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse