Originally Posted By: L. Brown

.....So yeah, Mr. 21st century gun owner gets his hands on something that's marked both 20ga and 3", and darned right he's likely to start feeding it 20ga mags. And darned right that's a potential problem....

....I realize that this has been a long thread, but it's not just about people dying or getting seriously hurt. Previously referenced, but just as a reminder: straight from this BB--darn, even on my birthday!--13+ years ago: "As many people on the BBS know, I am currently gathering real data for Flues barrel and frame failures. To date I have 8 reports . . . " There you go. And that's only one make (and only one model) of classic American double. So, is it worthwhile, if you own one of those guns, to know what you ought to shoot--and ought not to shoot--in them? Is it worthwhile to know that just because the chambers have been lengthened...

....has not resulted in Communism gaining a foothold on our shores. None of it has anything to do with registration of firearms. What it does have to do with is educating both gunsmiths and gun owners/buyers...

I feel like the chump for jumping back in, but maybe all the educating that would eventually come around with a proof house has no hope of happening. Most of the guns in question are around a hundred years old now, plenty of time to learn by dumb luck. But, if you prefer to nanny folks, I doubt we'll know how to treat and feed these guns another hundred years from now, as long as there are agendas.

I'll watch for your articles, but please don't mess up the DGJ too much. It's the only magazine/subscription that I've valued from the start and continue to do so. Other mags come and go, but it'd be tough to humor back door gun control from 'friends' at the DGJ.

I decided to mulberry bush the registration comment, because of willful selective ignoring of the facts. When I drift off in an interesting article, I like to pretend I'm getting decent info. It's entertainment, why do you have to kick me in the shin to put the skeptic guard up.