What's the point, back a few pages, you threw out the notion that there were many original guns that needed reproof because of 'potential' problems.

[/quote]

Not much to respond to in your latest, Craig . . . other than the above. Here's the deal: We know, for a fact, that American guns with short chambers were proofed at a lower pressure than those with 2 3/4" chambers. So . . . Bubba takes that original short-chambered gun and bores it out to 2 3/4", so he (or the customer foolish to patronize the shade tree gunsmith in question) can shoot modern 2 3/4" shells in that gun. We know, for a fact, that the SAAMI pressure standard for modern 2 3/4" shells is higher than it was for the old short shells. We know, for a fact, that Bubba has removed metal from the chambers. And we know, for a fact, that's right where pressures are the highest. Please don't insult your or anyone else's intelligence by telling us that's not a "potential" problem. My stress, throughout this thread, has been on guns that have been modified. Guns which, if we were in a country which had a proofhouse and proof laws, would have to be submitted for reproof before they could be legally sold. Yes indeed, I do think that would be a good thing. Only my opinion. If yours is different . . . well, just go right on ahead and have Bubba bore out all the guns you want, and go right on ahead and shoot modern shells through them. You're the one taking the risk, not me.