Larry, Don't you think I Knew That??
My post was in responce to this, as Quoted;
Quote:
Reciprocal proof arrangements have been in operation for years ,the main criteria was that one country would recognise the proof of another if it had a state controlled proof or a proof house run under Government statute.

Go back through all 26 pages of this thread & count the times we have been told that British Proof is controlled by the "Gunmakers" & ""NOT"" the Government. (Note the inconsistency of that with the above criteria for recognition)
It appears to me Lary your main problem is you may be a fantastic writer, but you don't read worth a Hoot. I can read & ususally understand pretty well what I read, that's why this inconsistency stuck out so.
You have totally & consistently ignored the fact as I have pointed out that we don't have the background with American built guns to determine if a gun left the factory with "19 or 20" gauge bores.
Until finally presented by irrefutable proof I definitely recall over the years you kept insinuating that all older American guns having chambers longer than 2 5/8" had been rechambered for that was the "Standard". (How many others would take this same attitude?)
The only way this could work at all iis more than one standard for proof would have to be set up (Not likely to happen here) or all guns sold would have to be proofed to SAAMI standards (Undesirablefor many older guns).
This also you continue to ignore, we simply cannot go back to the beginning of the American breechloaders & implement proofs on them as was done in the other countries.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra