Never a good idea to try to "snip" someone else's words and form your own opinion of what they're saying. The likely result is that you read not what the other guy is saying, but your erroneous, "snipped" interpretation of what he's saying. You have a right to your opinion, but not to modify my opinion. The existence of a proofhouse and requirement for reproof as a result of modification does not = registration. The tag on the mattress tells me not to remove it, but that does not lead to mattress registration. smile

A requirement for reproof following significant modification is all part of the process of consumer education. And yes, I see consumer education as a good thing--other than for the Bubbas who are trying to sell their modified guns, or sell unwise modification work. I suspect more than a few people here bought guns that had been modified, did not realize it, but then--maybe as a result of this BB--became aware of what they'd done. Some, like me, probably had chambers punched by Bubba before they knew better. Better to know better sooner.