For the "Some-Teeneth" time we simply do not have the same situation here in the US as the UK has. The Brits are "Re-Proofing" guns which were previously proofed to known standards.

If the goal is to protect "Bubba" it has to be mandatory. Make whatever you feel like out of the British system in that it is "Run by the Gunmakers" it is never-the-less Mandatory. There are many guns around which do not need to be fired with modern SAAMI spec loads, "Both" original as well as modified. This does not prevent Bubba from going down to his local Mart & buying his shells there.

The "ONLY" way of accomplishing the stated goal is to require "EVERY" gun sold in the US to undergo proofing with SAAMI Spec shells, even unmodified guns as well as those guns previously proofed under CIP specs. Bubba is after all going to fire SAAMI Spec shells in them if he owns one.

PLEASE! Just don't open up a can of Worms that ends up crawling all over us.

PS; I also am typing one fingered & real slow, because I realize many don't READ real Fast!!

PPS; It is also noted the "Odometer Law" did absolutely nothing to restore those cars previously run back, I do not recall it being retro-active.

Last edited by 2-piper; 01/06/12 10:29 AM.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra