Well, there is a bit of gray area here that we have to contend with too. I still don't know if Kalifornia has laws that legally supercede federal requirements for transfer of guns into and out of that state. If they do, would they be violating the rulings under the Heller Decision, and would rectifying that require extensive and expensive legal wrangling? The big problem for almost all dealers is that when many guns come across their counters, they have no easy way of knowing just when a particular gun was made. In the case of the one I just bought, it is only 500 serial numbers shy of being beyond being classified as an antique. But it's still frustrating that even after I offer to submit documentation proving manufacture date on an antique, some dealers still won't budge. With some, I'm sure it's the prospect of getting paid $20 to $100 for a few minutes work, and with others, it's just a matter of not wishing to make the effort to learn the law. I guess we can't forget the CYA line of reasoning too.

This crap is precisely why we need to remain vigilant against further erosions of our Second Amendment rights, and most importantly in the immediate future... to get rid of Obama before he pulls any more "Fast and Furious" stunts or gets another crack at stacking the Supreme Court against us. If he had his way, we would be paying for instant checks and transfers for antiques that we decide to give to our own kids.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.