Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Raimey, I don't find Charles Daly guns in SD%G Catalogs of 1919 and 1918. Do Daly guns appear in later VL%A or VL&D catalogs ?

I had a similar question but mine was more centered around the offerings of Sloan's Department store. Something's amiss. In 1919/1920 The Henry Modell Company was peddling surplus government underware & taking GI tents and making shirts/pants, something of the like. They were in the garment business. I've read several consumer letters where Theodore W. Stake answers in 1918-1920 that S,D&G has the stock, they can obtain an order, etc. and that in 1919 they are going to keep their prices at pre-1918 levels. Translating this Polish version says that Sloan's purchased it in 1919: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Daly . Could be a typo and I don't think anyone knows the rest of the story just yet. But I will tell/restate this. Post 1919 - the Brothers Adamy seem to be the source for upper rung offerings thru Sloan's and I'm fairly confident that they were heavily relied on for their superb talent, which is even evident today. I'd purge the boys Schüler from list of possibilities as they seem to be fluff and just trying to get a foot in the door. Once again the maker seems to be an unsung craftsman.

Thanks to a very obliging member I have now seen a 1926 proofed SBT with both an RS and HAL over crossed sidearms. Sure one could say that it was leftover stock regarding H.A. Lindner & RS, which I think with high probability to be Robert Schlegelmilch of Meiningen. As Ken notes S,D&G finally and rigidly re-established ties to Germany in 1924 after WWI. It was about that same year that Robert Schlegelmilch closed his business. I would say that there was a supply of tubes and with Lindner's control mark at least 1 last sporting arm was completed under his every watchful eye. I'll try to get some images posted.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse