Hey Ballistix, I know it sounds kind of funny to the Brits, gun toting Americans going ballistic at the thought of politicians making up new rules to disarm us. But really, try living in a high crime area like Philadelphia where I do. Or an isolated country area where police help isn't readily available. I can guarantee that there will be times when having a firearm handy will make all the difference. Either to your peace of mind or to your actual safety. Here in Philadelphia it's not uncommon on hot Summer weekends for as many as half a dozen shootings. About 75% of them, while investigated, go unsolved. Of course it's mostly dealers fighting over drug corners and who ripped off who. Nevertheless, if you live near those areas or have to be in or pass through them it behooves one to go armed.
Meanwhile the politicians tell us all the time that if we would only restrict the legal possession of firearms by perfectly law abiding citizens these same dealers would disarm also and sweetness and light would prevail at said corners. They use any old pretext to reach this illusory goal and would surely jump on something like proof testing. What was it that Barry Goldwater used to say? Oh yeah, "extreamism in the defense of liberty is no vice"
nial