You say that Kimber has had the gun since January 10, but have you done any follow-up recently? Kimber may have a reason for the delay, for instance, re-regulating the barrels would take some time if they had decided to do warranty repairs. I would check back with the Kimber location to which the gun was sent for evaluation, not the local Kimber dealer.

A question though. You state that one of the patterns is largely off the page. This is not unusual if one is patterning for pattern consistency and density and not for point of impact. When I pattern, I generally do not have a dot or centerpoint on the page, I just fire the instant my gun mounts. I then draw a 30" circle around the most concentration of shot, draw quarters, then count the percentage of shot in each quarter. I could care less if the pattern is not centered.

Kimber may be waiting to pattern the gun, checking for point of impact of each barrel before deciding to either repair or replace.

Give them a call and ask for an update. Kimber has a very good reputation for customer satisfaction.

Last edited by Jim Haynes; 02/12/07 06:07 PM.

Jim Haynes