I have a concern and I’d like to get a disinterested third party opinion about how to handle the matter.

My wife decided that she wanted to give me a very nice shotgun of my choosing for Christmas and wanted me to select the gun. After much contemplation and research, I decided on the Kimber Valier because it fit me like a glove and is an absolutely beautiful gun. I’ve read the various opinions from the board relating to "Turkish" guns but this puppy is beautifully finished and fitted. Great -- I get prices and a local master Kimber dealer orders the gun for me as it is not a stock item for him.

Now, for the rest of the story. The gun arrives right before Christmas and while inspecting the gun and drooling on it after my wife brings it home, I find that the left ejector does not eject with a snap cap. In addition, the pattern sheet that came with the gun clearly shows one of the patterns is largely off of the pattern page. So, I take this nearly $5,000.00 gun back for return. Mind you, the gun has never been fired. It is as the dealer received it -- new and in the box.

Long story short, Kimber has had the gun in hand since Jan. 10th and, from what I understand, has not looked at it or fixed it. I was promised by a representative that the gun would be looked at, and if it could not be fixed quickly, a new gun would be mailed to me. I continue to wait. Given the choice, I want the gun replaced with a different Valier. Am I wrong to feel this way? You buy a new gun with the belief that it will function well. Believe it or not, I still want the Kimber but I also believe that Kimber should service their customers, particularly if it is their quality control that has caused the problem.

I have been reluctant to comment on an ongoing warranty situation in hopes that the problem would be resolved; but, I am getting no where and I’d like an opinion as to how you would handle this matter. My patience is gone and I would readily love to have my money back, which is sad because this gun has the potential to be a great gun. Please offer feedback and suggestions. I do hope that I can report back to you in the near future that Kimber has fixed the situation to my satisfaction.