Gentlemen,
I agree it's time to let this one go but unfortunately, Mr. Gould's offer is in my opinion too little too late. Many can probably see two sides to this story, but consider this.

1 - We all know the hassles involved in packaging and shipping which will be another out of pocket expense for Mr. Vella while he waits for Mr. Gould to make good on his offer of reimbursement.

2 - The costs quoted for repairs (if I am not mistaken) are the costs charged by Americase for the actual parts. Someone had to then install the parts and reline the case which is additional expense that Mr. Gould has not offered to repay.

3 - Since Mr. Vella went through the hassle and grief of restoring this case, why should he now wish to return it to Mr. Gould? So Gould could sell it again, while Mr. Vella still needs a case?

4 - Mr. Vella in his initial post made it quite explicit that he did not want anything from Mr. Gould. He posted his experience for the rest of us to judge for ourselves, and I appreciate it.

Had Mr. Gould done the right thing in the first place, beginning with NOT using the case for his own benefit and completing the sale in a timely manner as is stated as a seller requirement in the "Conditions" section of his web site, none of this would have happened.

The fact that it took 10 pages of commentary on this BB and more on Shooting Sportsman before for Mr. Gould even bring himself to accept a minimum amount of responsibility and make his final offer is tragic. Unfortunately, his arrogance still precluded him from actually apologizing to Mr. Vella for the problem and his words (like CFH) and actions that followed. Once again the ommission of even a basic apology is in my opinion what makes all of this much too little and much too late.

I believe at this time the only satisfactory conclusion is a sincere apology from Mr. Gould to Mr. Vella. Reimbursement for the repairs that had to be made to bring the case back to the standard that Mr. Vella expected and paid for in the first place would also be appropriate.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call