Hum, that would be something like 76.7cm so I wonder if a little had been shaved off or if at that time the Belgian/British tube makers rolled them to that length?

Joe & I have had a side-bar going and he has discovered that the rib on his Daly in the 15k range is brazed rather than soldered.

As pure, unadulterated conjecture, I think when Charles Daly went to England having a contract on X number of scatterguns, let's say 100 just for numbers sake. I think he had 3 options in mind: source the longarms from the Brits, source components and/or longarms in the white and have them completed in the U.S. of A. or since labour was cheaper, source them as above and utilize European craftsmen. So when he and the Brits didn't gee-haw he picked up his toys and took them to Suhl where Georg Lindner said sure, tell or show us what you desire and we'll make it so. It probably took a couple of renditions but one rolled out to Charles Daly's specifications. After they exhausted the original supply of longarms in the white then they began sourcing from the continent.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse