eightbore, so noted and thanks for the info.

Ric, thanks for the effort and what might the tubeset length be. I would say that Charles Daly sourced the longarm in white from Georg Lindner who in turned sourced Albert Stobbe, who hung out his shingle in 1865. He had a son named Rudolf Stobbe, which adds to the complexity of the RS initials.

What I can't make sense of is how Henry Modell factors into the equation. I don't even think the owners of the defunct Charles Daly info page even know the true story. Hungarian immigrant Morris Modell entered the U.S. of A. in the early 1880s and by 1889 had his own clothing cart, which he quickly turned into an actual business with a true address. He peddled items to servicemen on leave and actually is purported to have outfitted Roosevelt & his contingent in the Spanish-American war. During WWI Morris' son Henry(1 of 7) was drafted, and I've seen his draft card somewhere, and when he returned sometime between 1917 & 1919 he inherited the firm and looks to have incorporated it as Henry Modell Company, Inc. He became president in 1920. The concern seems strongly centered around clothing & surplus and not sporting arms, but it is possible. I think the sporting goods aspect was added when they acquired the Davega concern.

I don't think Charles Howard Daly was truly at the helm until after Joseph Gales death, and then he more than likely was just a director and secretary. It seems that Theodore W. Stake was still in control. But it is possible in the 1917-1919 period that Henry Modell injected cash into the concern but it appears he had his hands full in taking surplus WWI military items and turning them into useful civilian wares as the country was headed toward a depression. After Charles Howard Daly's demise in 1924, negotiations with the Davega concern added Schoverling, Daly & Gales under their umbrella resulting in March of 1927 in the name Knickerbocker, Schoverling, Daly & Gales, possibly less the Charles Daly trademark name which went to Sloan's Department stores a year later. I'm not sure if the Charles Daly trademark was separated from Schoverling, Daly & Gales prior to the purchase by Davega or not. In 1963 Henry Modell purchased the bankrupt Davega concern. It would seem that post 1928 that a sporting arm wearing the Charles Daly trademark name would have passed thru Sloan's Department stores.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse