I just bought some 20 gauge rifled shotgun blanks from Kebco. They are made by Verney Carron, and those folks know what they are doing when it comes to barrel making. I have it on good authority that in addition to barrels for their own superb guns, VC makes barrels for many other companies. The blanks are 30 inches long and 1.25 inches in diameter. I have a large frame Martini action originally made for a 303 that would serve as an action. I don't really want to use shotgun cases or sabots. I would really prefer brass cases and lead bullets. Is there a case that would serve and a bullet compatible with this bore? I know that a 600 Nitro is a 3" case with a bore not dissimilar to the 20 gauge. If I make a heavy recoiling gun, the blank weights 6 pounds and unturned it could serve as quite a recoil buffer. Before I start down this path, please tell me where the roadblocks might be.

Feel free to submit your own suggestions as to to the configuration of the rifle. I'll hire out the metal work and do my own meager effort on the wood.

Allan

Last edited by Vol423; 11/10/11 08:43 AM.